06 May 2009

Glenn Orville Gardner, 19 June 1914 - 6 May 2009

My grandfather passed away this evening, at about 8:30pm Pacific time. He had been ill for some time, and had developed both congestive heart failure and end-stage renal failure.

The last time I saw him in person was in 1995, during my honeymoon. I hadn't been able to travel to see him since, and his health did not permit him to make the trip.

I'll write up a more detailed bio for him later. Right now, I'm trying to deal with travel arrangements. I'm not as bad off emotionally as my mother for several reasons: she lived near him so had more of a relationship to him, she was there when he died, and I have the comfort of the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and that this is only a temporary separation until I pass through the veil. She doesn't have that faith, so is having a harder time.

On top of this problem, DMIL is dealing with a wildfire in the Santa Barbara area. It's not TOO near her house - yet. Also, landlady is having to have the locks changed after she lost a keyring with keys to apartments. Think we could maybe spread the crises out next time?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Good luck getting all the arrangements made. Maybe this will be your chance to share your testimony of the plan of Salvation with her. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and must meet the following criteria:
NOT anonymous - if you want the attention of other readers, have the guts to own what you write
NO personal attacks, on me or anyone else, individually or as groups
NO spam, profanity, etc. (should be obvious)
Comments must be in English, since that's the only language I read well enough to be sure your comment meets the above criteria.
I will publish comments that disagree with me, but reserve the right to rebut.